Full Frame Bag - Double Zip
Full Frame Bag - Double Zip
A double zip full frame bag is a great way to utilise all the space inside your bicycle frame, and is ideal for larger sized frames and bigger expeditions. Scroll down to learn more.
Current lead times are shown in the banner below the menu bar.
Double Zip Main Compartment
A double zip main compartment frame bag separates the main compartment of the bag into two via a Velcro flap above the lower zip. This not only creates two separate compartments to organize gear but also prevents the bag from bulging out too much. Ideal and most times medium and larger frames.
Optional Map/Phone Pocket
Want to keep some items seperated from all the stuff in the main compartment? The addition of a map pocket allows you to seperated thin items such as a phone or maps from the main compartment, allowing you to easily reach them if need be.
Multiple Attachment Options Available
Bolt on, Lace up, Large Velcro straps or Daisy Chain webbing with removable and repositionable double sided Velcro straps. Make your bag suit your bike and needs.
Optional H20 Port
Want to carry a water bladder or pass light cables into the bag? The H20 port provides a way of passing a cable or tube from the outside of the bag to the inside.
Want a Blue and Red one? Maybe Purple and Orange? I am not one to judge your colour choice. Click here to see the current colour options.
What's the process?
All frame bags are custom made to fit each frame. In order to get the perfect fit I need a template of the inside of your frame. I have made hundreds of frame bags so I may already have a template for your frame. Get in touch if you have a common make and model to see if I do.
If you are local to Wellington pop into my workshop and I can make a template for you. If you are not local or can't get to the workshop then making a template is easy. Click on the link below to see the instructions.
Making a paper template
Fabrics and Materials
All frame bags are made out of a mix of materials, all hand selected each for a specific purpose.
- 1000D Cordura Nylon forms the perimeter of the bag as this is a strong material and ideal for the attachments. This fabric has a PU coating on the inside and a DWR coating on the outside making it very water resistant.
- 500D Cordura Nylon for the side panels as this is a slightly lighter material than the 1000D but still more than durable enough for the job. This fabric also has a PU coating on the inside and a DWR coating on the outside making it very water resistant.
- VX21 X-Pac, LS42 Liteskin, Ecopak EPX200 and ULTRA 200 can also be used for the side panels. These are lightweight laminate fabrics and have a slightly different look to the 500D Cordura. Ideal if you are looking for a lightweight bag but don't want to compromise on strength. Water cannot penetrate this laminate fabric.
- 70D Coated Ripstop Nylon in bright Yellow is used on the inside of the majority of bags to give an extra layer of weather and wear protection. This also make the contents of your bag a lot easier to see.
- Paskal moulded water resistant zips are used for all openings. These have a PU coated tape and offset teeth making them very weather-proof. These are a tough zip and have a nicer action compared to a traditional coil zip.
- All webbing is Nylon military spec and all hook and loop is Genuine Velcro brand.
Super happy with my frame bag. Despite leaving ordering to the last minute Mike was able to churn it out in good time.
Excellent quality and fits my gravel bike like a glove!
How good it is it buying a local product that’s made to such a high standard?!
I’ll definitely be back for more as the budget allows.
I'm stoked with my Stealth frame bag. I've just completed 15 days of solid bikepacking the Sounds to Sounds (1500km) in all sorts of weather. The bag fits perfectly in my frame & holds so much & the zips are easy to use from day 1.
Supporting NZ Made. Thank you very much.
Fits perfectly and is super well made.
Used on the TA - best bag ever! fitted like a glove after doing the template and i got two bottles either side so the bag fitted snugly inbetween. Surprisingly spacious for extra food, emergency measl etc. Highly recommend.