An expedition size seat bag. The Pack Horse attaches easily to most bikes via two straps through the seat rails and one 50mm strap around the seat post. Seat bags are ideal for carrying gear when bikepacking, touring or even just commuting.
- Capacity is a generous 8-10L at full volume
- Weighs approx 420g
- Removable plastic stiffeners to help keep it stable
- ITW® Camlock Buckles on the seat rail straps
- 500D and 1000D Cordura® Fabric
- Tough NZ made webbing and binding
- Roll type compression closure
- Bungee on the top for stashing items
- Needs 140mm + of exposed seat post to attach properly
Q. Is the bag waterproof?
A. The fabric is PU (polyurethane) coated on the inside and has a DWR (durable water repellent) coating on the outer. This makes the bag very weather resistant, but because the seams are not sealed water will seep in over time.
Q. Will this bag work with a dropper post?
A. There is no straight forward answer here. It should be able to attach to the post with no issues (apart from potential wear on the shaft), it is when you drop the post you will come into issues. You need to ensure you have enough clearance to the tyre (at full compression if you have a full suspension bike). You will also need to ensure that the seat post attachment also has something to wrap around - if you drop your seat then you may not have much seatpost left.